Egyptian Sothic Cycle Comes Every 1,460 Years. Two calendars dominated Egyptian thought: a civil and a sothic. How did they inter-relate? 365 days marked the civil calendar. Sothic had 365¼ days. Every four years the Sothic calendar fell back one day again the civil. After 4 x 365 years the two calendars coincided once more. Peter Tompkins, in Secrets of the Great Pyramid Harper and Row 1971 page 143, relates this info.
Egyptian Sothic Cycle Has Designated Years
The Sothic cycle or Canicular period is a period of 1,461 Egyptian civil years of 365 days. Sothic timing corresponds to 1,460 Julian years averaging 365¼ days each. During a Sothic cycle, the 365-day year loses enough time that the start of its year once again coincides with the heliacal rising of the star Sirius.
New View of Space-Time Results
Space measurement comes from he Egyptian remen of 1.2165 feet. Jay Hambidge discovered the basis of the remen’s ancient canon of measure. Numbers formed the basis of a forgotten philosophy. So how does the sothic calendar tie into the remen?
- one remen = 1.2165…feet or 14.6 inches.
- Egyptian Sothic Cycle Comes Every 1,460 Years
- As “0” was not considered to be a “real number”, in actual numbers 146 of the remen = 146 numbers of the sothic year. Look at the Hebraic word for “world”- pronounced “olam (עוֹלָם)”. Its gematria is 146. Again, we have congruency.
- Letters doubled as numbers in certain Middle Eastern languages. Separate symbols for each simply did not exist. Every letter, word, sentence paragraph, chapter etc.- had a numerical equivalent. Perhaps this unified both sides of the brain?
- Internal link: Egyptian Ell Brings Out the Earth’s Diameter